Re: Strange behaviour of datatypes test A1 with answer yes and literals untidy

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:02:35 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

   [Jonathan Borden]
   Suppose we define the infinite set of things denotes by "10" as "_:1"

   then (3)+(4) follow from (1)+(2)

This is not the first time I've seen the idea that a literal might
denote more than one thing (or a set of things, or even an infinite
set of things).

Where did this idea come from?  It seems quite counterintuitive to me.
I can't find it in the RDF(S) model theory either.

                                             -- Drew McDermott