Re: questions on assertion

But what about this sentence in the RDF model spec (also in the latest
draft)?

"This document describes a model theory for RDF(S) which treats the language
as simple assertional language, in which each triple makes a distinct
assertion and the meaning of any triple is not changed by adding other
triples"

An assertion is traditionally a statement that you believe something to be
true.

> You are right about the incorrect syntax, thanks.  Also, I agree that
"veracity" is something outside of RDF, just like "color".  The point being
that "veracity" is something to be asserted, judged, and weighed; and a
web-based system must be able to accept or reject assertions.  Given that, I
see no problem with the example below -- it is clearly contradictory and
useless, but I don't see a problem with that -- you will be sure to get lots
of contradictory and useless assertions mixed in with the good stuff in any
web-based system.  (But maybe I am missing some things?)