Re: rdf inclusion

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 22 Apr 2002 21:36:03 -0500
To: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Cc: drager@bbn.com, Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org, dejing.dou@yale.edu, peishen.qi@yale.edu
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 20:19, Drew McDermott wrote:
[...]
> Jeff or someone else probably knows the official answer to this
> question,

Jeff probably has the most relevant implementation experience,
i.e. the experience that motivated daml:imports.

But the official answer is more like "gee, we don't really know;
we're hoping folks will try it and tell us what works and
what doesn't."

Hmm... I thought we were going to add a big notice to
that effect in the spec, but I don't see it. Sorry.

> Some quick clarification of these issues would be useful, because we
> are bringing an ontology-mapping server up online in the near future,
> and we wouldn't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Umm... I think you're sorta pioneering here (for which thanks!)
i.e. you might start out on the wrong foot, but the only sure
way to find out is to try it and see.