Re: model theory for RDF/S

>"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" wrote:
>>
>>  I am concerned that this model theory locks RDF into a particular
>>  way of interpreting literals, namely that the interpretation of a literal
>>  can be completely determined from its label, using a fixed mapping to
>>  literal values.
>
>I believe this is by design. It's an important requirement on
>RDF syntax that it be "context free"... i.e. that this
>level of meaning is syntactically evident.

Context free, right, but that 'syntactically evident' may depend on
more than a simple label, as far as the model theory is concerned.
The MT is (deliberately) agnostic about the exact nature of lexical
items in any particular lexicalization.

Pat

>Hmm... I thought this requirement was pretty well documented,
>but I don't see it in
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-rdf-syntax-19990222/
>

>--
>Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/

IHMC					(850)434 8903   home
40 South Alcaniz St.			(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola,  FL 32501			(850)202 4440   fax
phayes@ai.uwf.edu
http://www.coginst.uwf.edu/~phayes