Re: DAML+OIL editors

like peter,  i should state my caveat - mine is that i use my lab's tools.

While i admit to using cutting and pasting for daml generation, i check it
through chimaera
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/software/chimaera/
using the loading function there (and then also diagnosing it while i have it in
the system).

i have also used this to load in other people's daml (like the daml out of
oil-ed or other daml in the daml ontology library).

one can also use the ontolingua editor (which is tied into chimaera - if you
choose to click on a term loaded, it will take you to the ontolingua editor for
that term).
this is aimed at power users and was written for generating ontolingua
ontologies  however once something is in ontolingua, it can be dumped in
daml+oil.
This should not be considered a statement about what to recommend for commercial
use - in that the interface is not aimed for the general public and is probably
way too powerful for the average user  and we have not attempted to make the
system robust to a commercial standard by any stretch of the imagination.
This can be considered a statement of an alternative and also another way of
checking daml both for syntax - just checking input - and for diagnostics if you
are interested.

Deborah

--
 Deborah L. McGuinness