RE: Absolute Truth -vs- relative truth

From: Peter Crowther <peter.crowther@networkinference.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:33:17 +0100
To: "'Seth Russell'" <seth@robustai.net>
Cc: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
> From: Seth Russell [mailto:seth@robustai.net]
[...]
> [1] Any agent can interpret a sentence.
> [2] Such an agent can also model reality.

How does an agent amend its model of reality?  For example, assume I want to
attend a team sports fixture within a 100-mile radius of the hotel where I'm
staying next week.  How does a Semantic Web agent in my PDA amend its model
of the reality of teams, sports and fixtures (which it may not previously
have had) when presented with an RDF-Logic model of sports and fixtures from
some appropriate location*?  Somehow its interpretation of that hunk of
RDF-Logic requires it to amend or augment its model of reality, even if only
briefly and reversibly whilst performing that search.

		- Peter

*I'm deliberately ignoring the whole search and trust aspects of where I'd
get that model; merely requiring that it was not pre-loaded onto the PDA.
Let's assume I've ticked the 'Always trust content from Crowther's Dodgy
Logic Inc.' and 'Search for models at crowthersdodgylogic.com' checkboxes at
some point in the past :-).