Re: RDF Statements as floating Cons Cells

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:54:47 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org

   [Sandro Hawke?]
   >but in LISP it's only two cons cells:
   >
   >    X:  [  a  |  Y  ]                           location: [ car | cdr ]
   >
   >    Y:  [  b  |  empty ]

   [Pat Hayes]
   But this isnt quite fair since in LISP everything is a list, but in
   RDF we need to say this is a list, which would add one more triple.

Minor correction: It is not true that in Lisp everything is a list,
and the information that something is a list does take up space, which
is normally omitted from list diagrams.  (Even in 1965 Lisp had
nonlists, such as symbols and numbers.)

                                             -- Drew McDermott