RE: DAML Notations

[Sateesh, I'm CC'ing my reply to the list because I'm eating my words and
might as well change my position publicly :-)]

> From: Narahari, Sateesh [mailto:Sateesh_Narahari@jdedwards.com]
> Do you have an example in mind, that can't be expressed in
> java/c/c++/c#-ish syntax?.
>
> Sateesh Narahari
> Sr Research Engineer

On reflection, no, I don't --- although to an extent it depends on how
'ish'.  At least C and C++ (and, I am reliably assured, Java) have the
ability to handle unnamed structures.  I've no doubt this ontology syntax
could be defined to handle anonymous nodes in a complex structure in the
same way.  Numbers and other concrete datatypes would require further
changes, but it seems possible.

But on the whole I'd prefer a more compact syntax that is designed for the
job, such as OIL.  Parsers are cheap, human reading and understanding time
is expensive.

		- Peter