RE: Reification

From: Danny Ayers <danny@panlanka.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:54:58 +0600
To: "Peter Crowther" <Peter.Crowther@melandra.com>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>, "David Allsopp" <dallsopp@signal.dera.gov.uk>
Cc: <www-rdf-logic@w3.org>
Ok, so either RDF needs revising to include something along the lines of :

 http://www.daml.org/2001/03/model-theoretic-semantics.html,

or, anyone wishing to use such facilities should reference that namespace.

What's wrong with my machine saying 'I talk RDF(S)+DAML' and refusing to
have anything to do with anything that doesn't understand DAML - if this
issue is *so* important, then everybody will include such a constraint and
you've got your common language.

BTW, to my machine (and me)  "for y in AD, if <x,y> in IR(?P) and <y,z> in
IR(?P) then <x,z> in IR(?P)" doesn't mean anything more than e.g.  "not"
does - where is this meaning exactly?