Re: Semantic mail

From: Je'ro^me Euzenat <Jerome.Euzenat@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:50:03 +0100
To: Jim Hendler <jhendler@darpa.mil>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Hello all,

In his message (Re: Semantic mail) of 8/11/00,
Jim Hendler wrote:
>  I would not do much to metadata tag my mail (or much else), but as
>those of you who know the DAML program I'm running know - I think we
>can make tagging very easy in many cases.  Example - a little menu
>in my mailer that let me choose an ontology and some properties --
>put it on my mail (and gaurantee those would propagate unless
>someone explicitely removed) woudl be great -- then this "semantic
>mail" thread, for example, could be something I could track and
>trace (see Pat, it's not all push) or filter when I get bored.
>  I think easy to use taggers, tied to machine readable technologies,
>will be a really important technology -- DAML folks out there,
>that's one for someone looking for what to do...

May I suggest a look at:
@Article{Schwartz:99,
   author =       "D. Schwartz",
   title =        "When Email meets organizational memories",
   journal =      "International journal of human-computer studies",
   year =         1999,
   volume =       51,
   number =       3,
   pages =        "599-614"
}

A very simple and practical tool that could be used with ontologies.
--
  Jérôme Euzenat                  __
                                  /      /\