Re: I have a trouble with The RDF Model

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 18:08:46 +0100
To: guha@guha.com
CC: pat hayes <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>, www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Guha wrote:
>  I have a simple (albeit potentially controversial) answer --- it is the
> range of the interpretation of RDF expressions.

Controversial, indeed ! I'm not sure I dislike it, although :)

But strictly speaking, if it is true,
then RDF describes Nodes and Arcs, not Resources...

So, as I previously posed it,
I think the grapoh is the *interpretation* of the XML *syntax*,
but it is also a "higher level" *syntax*, whose interpretation is in the world of resources (or entities, or both, I'm not sure)...

  Pierre-Antoine

--
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.