RE: DC in XHTML2

Hi Misha,

One way to achieve a more abbreviated mark-up, even if it is not the full
solution of 'QNames in @href', is to use @xml:base. All @href values will be
relative to this, and an RDF/A processor should honour changes of base URI
through the mark-up. It will at least make your mark-up more compact.

That's not to say that we shouldn't try to find other solutions, too. In one
of my early drafts of RDF/A I did actually have an additional attribute
called @resource, which was a QName, and which sat alongside @href. See
section 4.2 of RDF/XHTML, as it was then called:

  <http://www.formsplayer.com/notes/xhtml-meta-data-03.html>

There was some resistance to it, since some people rightly say that QNames
are not URIs. But anyway, I'll take another look at it, since I certainly
think that yours is a strong use case for something less that a full URI.

Regards,

Mark

PS Good to see you all at your AGM today, and even better to see that your
requirements are being fed into the XHTML2 and RDF/A work!

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net