Re: Reasoning

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 12:42, Jaya Kawale wrote:
> Hi,
> I wanted to do some amout of reasoning for my semantic web search
> engine. I want to know whether I should use XSB Prolog or SWI Prolog ?
> Someone please help me in this regard.

It depends what you want to do.  XSB has tabling, which may come handy.
Although I have plans to add this to SWI-Prolog, I'd not wait for that :-)

SWI-Prolog has a mature and fast RDF parser, efficient RDF storage module
and, distributed as seperated packages, a SeRQL implementation with efficient
query optimization and a Sesame compliant HTTP interface as well as a
vizualiation library (Triple20).

Then there are differences in speed, scalability, portability,
interoperability, etc.  So, you need to be much more specific before anyone
can give a good motivated answer.

    Cheers --- Jan