Re: python rdf tools?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:14:30 +0000
"Phil Dawes" <pdawes@users.sf.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is anybody working on either of the following?:
>
> - n3/turtle parser for rdflib

I'm not, but I know Jim Hendler's mindlab group have been working on
this and have got a turtle parser for rdflib nearly complete.  I'd
rather let one of their people announce it if/when it's ready.

> - sparql parser in python

Not that I've heard.  But again, Mindlab are on the RDF Data Access
Working Group and use rdflib+python for some of their work (lots
of it is java) so they might be working in that area.

The parsing is the easy bit, it's the query engine and connecting
it to the storage that's the hard work.

Plug: Of course I don't need this since redland's python API provides
all of the above right now - http://librdf.org/docs/python.html
talking to my rasqal http://librdf.org/rasqal/ C RDF query library.

I assume you want "pure" python and all that entails.

Dave