Re: Semantic web help

From: Richard Newman <r.newman@reading.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:34:47 +0000
Cc: RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
To: roshan abraham <rohanroshan@gmail.com>

Roshan,

mindswap.org has some useful demos using SW technology. [1]
Swoogle is a Semantic Web search engine. I haven't explored it
thoroughly, so I can't vouch for its usefulness. [2]
The FOAF Explorer is a FOAF-based visualiser. [3]
Many blogging and social networking tools these days use FOAF in some
way or another; of course, almost every blog is a source (direct or
indirect) of RSS1.0, which is an RDF vocabulary for describing news
items.

It would be helpful if you were more specific; do you mean "practical"
as in store/inference engine/etc. implementations, or "practical" as in
getting real-world data into RDF? There's a lot of references we can
all throw at you!

It's difficult to refer to the Semantic Web being "implemented", as
it's a rather ephemeral thing. I expect it will sneak up on us all.

HTH,
-Richard

[1] <http://www.mindswap.org/demos/>
[2] <http://pear.cs.umbc.edu/swoogle/>