RE: RDF version of IETF RFC metadata (and relationship to FOAF fi les? )

From: DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) <bob.ducharme@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:19:54 -0500
To: "'Dan Connolly'" <connolly@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Thanks Dan!

>which suggests the creator is a 10 character string starting with S.
>(see http://esw.w3.org/topic/ThingsVersusTheirNames ).

How's this (considering that I'd like to do the identification of the FOAF
file out-of-line anyway): I do the creator like this

  <creator rdf:parseType="Resource" rdf:ID="rfc3120N._Walsh">
    <foaf:name>N. Walsh</foaf:name>
  </creator>

and then in a separate file I have this,

<rdf:Description
rdf:about='http://www.snee.com/rdf/1rfc_index.rdf#rfc3120N._Walsh'>
    <foaf:page rdf:resource="http://norman.walsh.name/foaf"/>
</rdf:Description>

thereby creating an out-of-line link between the resource identifying the
RFC's author and his FOAF page. If this made sense, and the following
resource described in http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf had an
ID, the same thing should work for that file:

  <editor rdf:parseType="Resource">
    <contact:fullName>Norman Walsh</contact:fullName>
  </editor>

Without such an ID in tr.rdf, there's no out-of-line way to create a link
between the named TR editor and his FOAF file, right? If there was, I think
it would be huge, because such links would make it easier to connect more of
the RDF out there into an actual web.

>http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2026.txtstatus

I was just trying to avoid the creation of a namespace for this.
http://www.daml.org/ontologies/property.html shows a few ontologies with
"status" properties, so I'll go with one of those.

thanks,

Bob