Re: Exchange of Named RDF Graphs

[my2c]
I cant get rid of the feeling that named graphs are just, a bad idea?

considering statements inside "files which have a name"  seems a naive
way to make nothing else than a "bag of reifications" that is a way to
assign a URI (the name of the graph) to a bunch of statements. Given
that bag of statements can already be done with the existing specs, this
is already a reason to drop the idea.. but there is more. It is clear
that statements by nature need overlapping bagging.. that is you might
want to put certain statements in a certain bag given their order or
arrival, their author, their inferred trust level or whatever. With
named graphs this .. is just, ops, not possible unless of course you
want to copy the statements in different bags. Again with existing
reifications + rdf bags this is already possibile..
.. and please let us consider past gone the arguments "its too many
triples". It should be well understood by now the difference between
model theory and practical implementations which are well free to make
reifications in the most efficent way they want (e.g. quadruples)

Something must be wrong , or short, in this analysis given that i hear
about them a lot :-), awaiting for clarifications from those who know more.

[/my2c]