RE: web proper names

True, insofar as the machine will comprehend that meaning.

Though, if we ever achieved a critical mass of URIQA englightened
servers providing explicit descriptions of resources, one could,
in a sense, ask a computer what a given URI "means" and (ideally)
be provided with a formal description of the thing denoted by that
URI (insofar as "meaning" exists for any formal language, and can
be manipulated by any automated agent).

> Ask thy neighbor.

Exactly.

And URIQA is intended as an efficient and globally scalable means to
do exactly that.

> Then clout him one when you disagree with what he
> says.

CLOUT /stupid/thing/to/say HTTP/1.1
Host: idiots.org

;-)

> That's the way symbols work.  That's the way communication
> works.  That
> had better be the way SemWeb works, or it will be crushed under the
> weight of its own ambition.

Yep.

Cheers,

Patrick