Looking for RDF schemas

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:22:11 +0200
To: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi,

while I am familiar with RDF, I have no clear picture on what schemas
exist that are by now sort of de-facto standards for representing certain
semantics.

I have been thrown into an RDF project and would like to reuse public
semantics as much as possible. I would be deeply thankful if someone
could point me to schemas for the semantics below or to a place I
can start looking.

* Naming things as in <http://httpd.apache.org/> ??:name "Apache Web Server" .

* various hierarchical relationships such as
  - physical part-whole    (door part-of car)
  - conceptual part-whole  (thermodynamics part-of physics)
  - temporal/spatial part whole

* UML/IT Portfolio Management relationships such as
  - dependency
  - deployment
  - realization
  - communication path
  - data flow

* UML/IT Portfolio Management concepts such as
  Device, Artifact, Package...

* Bibliographical universe
  I guess that's still Dublin Core, but is there something less general-purpose?

* 'Organization/Business'-semantics
  - Responsibility/Accountability
  - Role
  - Contracts, Agreements