Re: Email Address as FOAF term

From: Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt@crschmidt.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:50:23 -0400
To: John Black <JohnBlack@deltek.com>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, john.nj.davies@bt.com, Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk, Kianoush.Eshaghi@metadat.at, charles@w3.org, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 03:22:45PM -0400, John Black wrote:
> Suppose my software agent encounters a
> foaf:mbox or foaf:mbox_sha1sum term, how can my agent
> discover more information about the agent it has
> now "identified"? Is there a function that will take
> one of these values as input and return the subject?
> Is there a database where these terms are a key? How
> about Swoogle?

In short - no.

Although many sites offer information - everything from
limited information public RDF Query interfaces to
sites like Plink that aggregate FOAF information, there
is not, so far as I know, any site that hosts
information like this in a way that you can publically query
it and get RDF returned.

Generally, when people are describing others with a sha1sum,
there is an rdfs:seeAlso attached to the same person, which
you can follow the link to for more information about that
person.

I may be missing something new, but as far as I know, there
isn't a public "sha1 -> Person" converter.

Sites like Plink and FOAF explorer allow you to run queries
with a sha1sum, however, even though the results it returns
are HTML and not RDF. This may be what you're looking for -
I'm not sure.

--
Christopher Schmidt
crschmidt@crschmidt.net