RE: Email Address as FOAF term

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:44:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Lynn, James (Software Services)" <james.lynn@hp.com>
Cc: RDF Interest Group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Lynn, James (Software Services) wrote:

>So is it ok to lang tag mbox without affecting mbox_sha1sum? More
>specifically, does an mbox literal with lang tags hash to the same
>mbox_sha1sum as the same literal without the lang tags (or ignoring lang
>tags?
>
>James

I am not sure what RDF says about whether a string with a language tag is the
same as the same string with a different language tag. But I am not sure why
you would want to language tag a mailbox anyway.

If you want to know what things are reasonable to send to a mailbox (you can
send me spanish and I will read it, but if you send me korean I am likely to
delete it because I can't read it anyway) you probably want to use the
speaks/reads/writes schema written by Inkel. My FOAF file -
http://www.w3.org/People/Charles/foaf.rdf - contains a bunch of information
about langauges that I or others speak, read, etc.

cheers

Chaals