Re: ANN: Ontaria 0.8 -- W3C Ontology Directory (& RDF Browser)

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Richard Newman wrote:

>Very cool tool indeed, thanks very much!
>
>One thing I would like is some way to discriminate searching on
>properties and classes.

seconded - it is indeed very useful already. Some more comments / bug reports
(and I promise to make good on my offer to do a bit more documentation of the
thing...)

Bug: Searching for "habla" gives no result. Yet this is used in the labels of
the "speaks reads writes" vocabulary that is found in Ontaria. Is this
because it finds the thing marked with xml:lang="es" and does something odd
with it?

Significant Usability bug: There is no apparent explanation of how many
results were found, so when you click "more results" it isn't clear if that
means 2 more or 12 pages more...

Usability bug: There is no neat way to get from the description in Ontaria to
an actual rdf file that describes the vocabulary or term.

feature creep: being able to apply restrictions for language of literals like
label and comment, domain, range as well as class/property (do they exist as
well as what they may be).

feature creep: Provide all the rdf/rdfs/owl statements about a term -
regardless of source...

more feature creep: ... or the statements that use subclasses of "relevant"
things (domain, datatype, label, comment, ...) (I am not sure of this last
one yet... it should certainly sit on the one-day pile and not the "must do"
pile unless someone else has a ustification for it too).

cheers, and thanks for the tool.

Chaals