Re: web proper names

From: Hamish Harvey <david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:38:42 +0100
Cc: "Patrick Stickler" <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>, zednenem@psualum.com, "RDFInterest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
To: "Chris Purcell" <cjp39@cam.ac.uk>

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:33:45 +0100, "Chris Purcell" <cjp39@cam.ac.uk>

> > I'll post an updated version on my weblog some time soon or on a wiki
> > if
> > someone suggests where. I'm deep in the process of moving house and
> > employer, so I can't make any promises on timing.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Hamish
> Feel free to use PeriPeri. I've posted the two "most significant"
> messages up on their own page --- subject to authors' approval and
> relocation, of course.
> 	[their own page]
> http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~cjp39/Current/
> ResourceDescriptionFramework+URIs

Having had a look quick at PeriPeri, I now understand [that formatting]!

I'll bear it in mind, thanks Chris. The messages as they stand probably
don't need to be recreated, as they can be linked to using

They could even be indicated using

allowing us to specify that

foaf:maker [ foaf:mbox <mailto:david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk> ] .
foaf:maker [ foaf:mbox <mailto:zednenem@psualum.com> ] .

so long as we bear in mind that unless we also say that

then it is not clear -- except to a human which may suppose such things
based on evidential reasoning -- *what* has these foaf:makers.

PS This has just been pointed out to me:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml . As a result,
everything I had planned to do in the next few days has been postponed
indefinitely. Ah, the memories ...