Re: RDF annotation for UML models?

We can (and probably will) translate the UML into OWL, but at some point
we need to refer (somehow) to the contents of an existing shared UML
repository.

The main thing I was hoping to find (maybe this is the way I should have
asked the question in the first place) was whether there was existing
work on representing the purpose of a model or a model fragment. The
goal is that someone would be able to describe a new system in terms of
some ontology, and then a search engine would be able to find models in
the repository that subsume or are subsumed by parts of that description.

If I could find existing ontologies for describing software systems, not
just the architecture but the purpose of each part of the system, that
would be a major help in this project.

Any pointers?

Steve Gollery