Re: Reification - whats best practice?

From: Hamish Harvey <david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:07:27 +0100
CC: rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> Eric Jain wrote:
>
>> Thomas B. Passin wrote:
>>
>>> Edge rdf:type Property-that-can-have-instances
>>>
> It seems to me that the kind of "recursion" you are talking about here
> is not a problem with modeling properties as individuals at all, but
> rather of an infinite regress of statements -

What about the rdf:type property?

rdf_type_1 >>rdf:type<< Edge .
e1 rdf_type_1 Edge .

As to verbosity, for statements about statements it perhaps doesn't get
much less verbose than this, but to say that "X said <all this>" where
<all this> is a graph the named graphs approach would seem to have an
edge (no pun intended).

Hamish