W3C is developing SPARQL Re: RDF Path?

From: <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:02:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: algermissen@acm.org
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> I have seen the various RDFPath proposals; can anyone shed some light
> on the issue if there is a planned RDFPath recommendation or standard?

I think the work that is closest in W3C is the Data Access work (querying
RDF)[1]. They are planning to release a Recommendation - according to
their schedule [2] they plan to release a last call draft around January.

They have already released a working draft (it is called SPARQL), and
people are implementing it. It looks more like SQL than Xpath - I'm not
clear how crucial the syntax is to your question.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/#sched
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/

Cheers