Re: W3C is developing SPARQL Re: RDF Path?

From: Jan Algermissen <jalgermissen@topicmapping.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 19:09:48 +0200
To: charles@w3.org
CC: algermissen@acm.org, "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi Charles,

thanks a lot.

> It looks more like SQL than Xpath - I'm not
> clear how crucial the syntax is to your question.

Have not looked at it yet, but I definitely need something
that allows me to express (declaratively) a subgraph
(a tree if you start at a single node) similar to
how XPath works (node tests and all this).

What I am up to is to express 'presentation rules' by
(for example) defining a transformation from a subgraph
(in my case usually a tree) to a DOM instance
(and from there via XSLT to WAP,HTML,SVG etc).

Thanks.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen