Re: RDF vocabulary for integrity constraints?

From: Kendall Clark <kendall@monkeyfist.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:24:27 -0500
To: algermissen@acm.org, "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:52:05PM +0200, Jan Algermissen muttered something about:

> Hi,
>
> ...a follow-up on my last question:
>
> Is there an RDF vocabulary for expressing integrity constraints on RDF-modeled
> data?
>
> An example would be: "The salary of employees may not be greater than X if
> their age is less than y".
>
> This implies the question if there is an RDF vocabulary for expressing
> expressions of property values and if XML schema datatypes can have
> operators defined on them.

Using our cwm-killer,  Pychinko [1], we've implemented something like this;
using the Schematron-like rules assert() and report(), we extend the RDF MT
to do triples-level validation. The code isn't publicly ready yet, but we're
working on it and a paper about all of this for WWW05.

There's also Schemarama and Damian and Libby have something similar using
TreeHugger.

Best,
Kendall Clark

[1] http://www.mindswap.org/~katz/pychinko/