N-Triples Parser for Python

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean+rdfig@infomesh.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:27:29 +0100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I know I've written several N-Triples parsers before, but this one has
been particularly carefully crafted:

    http://inamidst.com/proj/rdf/ntriples.py
    - N-Triples Parser in python, 2004-10

It takes in buffered streams, deploys a customised readline method to
parse N-Triples's CRLF/CR/LF line-endings, does a recursive descent
parse on the lines, and then does string unescaping in as
specification compliant a manner as possible.

But I'm announcing this mainly because it's the first glimpse of the
fruits of a new labour of mine: both Daniel 'eikeon' Krech [BCC'd] and
I have been working on Python RDF APIs independently for some years
now, and we're finally just *starting* to look at one another's work.
Having done a prima facie comparison of our major toolkits, rdflib [1]
and pyrple [2], I've come to the conclusion that they both make up for
one another's deficiencies well, and that a joint effort--if
possible--might be an excellent step forwards for RDF in Python.

If any folk--especially rdflib and pyrple users--have comments, ideas,
or requests about any of the things mentioned in this email, they'd be
very gratefully received.

Cheers,

[1] http://rdflib.net/
[2] http://infomesh.net/pyrple/