Re: URIQA thwarted by context problems?

Hi Giovanni,

Giovanni Tummarello writes:
 > Hi Phil, i take the liberty of replying since we've actually studied CBD
 > like structures (the RDFN in www.dbin.org semantic web p2p) and they are
 > in fact what makes the whole thing in a sense provingly scalable.
 >
 > The point Ogbouji was making was what basically all agree upon, tryng to
 > do real semantic matching automatically is a lost cause. So .. when one
 > asks for a CBD discovers "new information" it refers to "new annottions
 > made using existing, shared ontologies". If the ontologies are unknown
 > then.. i guess a savy agent will ignore those or ignore the source
 > alltogether.

That sounds reasonable to me. I was specificially concerned about the
expectation that semweb agents would be able 'lookup' new terms,
rather than just discovering new instance data using well understood
and deployed ontologies/schemas. (I probably didn't make that clear).

 > So, given that there is no intention nor need for uriqua to have to
 > solve the millenium old problem of AI, I believe the term bootstrapping
 > is at least in a sense correct and that is what we argue at the
 > beginning of the paper in the homepage at our site, CBDlike have a very
 > limited computational cost and can be considered as the "standard
 > question to ask" the "standard questions that anyone is willing to
 > answer" (becouse you cant really say "i am open for arbitrary queries"
 > without opening your computer to easy denial of services).

Sounds interesting - I'll download and read your paper tonight.

Many thanks,

Phil