Duplicate triples Re: RDF Graph

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Jan Algermissen wrote:

>this is likely to be a silly question, but I seem to be unable to parse
>the anser from the RDF Recommendations.
>
>"An RDF graph, or simply a graph, is a set of RDF triples."
>(from RDF Semantics, 0.3 "Graph Definitions")
>
>Since the graph is a set it does not contain duplicate triples, yes?

I recall a discussion on this topic recently. I believe that someone who
knows the spec better than I do said the formal definition doesn't prohibit
redundant triples, so a conformant program would not necessarily delete
them...

If I could recall when I discussed it I might be able to provide an answer
with more supporting documentation, but I can't seem to find a trace of it
now.

>A conforming software (for managing RDF graphs) would automatically
>delete duplicates, yes?

regards

Chaals