URN as namespace URI for RDF Schema

From: Michael Steidl/MDir IPTC <mdirector@iptc.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 17:07:14 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

We intend to create a specific RDF Schema within an RDF system of another party
- and hence have to identify our resources by our own namespace.

Looking at the RDF specs and a lot of examples I found virtually all RDF
namespaces are made from the http URI schema and all have as last character a #
or a /.

This raises these questions:

- is there anywhere a written requirement for having only URIs from the http
schema.

- where does this #- or /-sign requirement come from

- Finally: as we usually specify all our XML namespaces with URIs from the URN
schema would this be possible for a RDF Schema - as URNs don't allow for having
/- and #-signs.

Thanks

Michael
Sent by: