Re: Interpreting RDF as representation of a resource?

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:27:40 +0100
To: algermissen@acm.org
Cc: "www-rdf-interest@w3.org" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 21:18:30 +0100, Jan Algermissen

> if one receives some RDF in response to an HTTP GET request to
> an HTTP resource, the RDF can be interpreted as a representation of
> the particlurar resource.

Possibly, but not necessarily - see Patrick's URIQA discussion.

> What about the other way round?
>
> Suppose I am sending some RDF via HTTP POST to some processing resource
> (e.g. a store)
>
> POST /foo/MyStore HTTP/1.0
>
> <RDF body
> goes here>
>
> Is there any way for the processing resource to interprete the received
> RDF as a representation of a resource of a certain *type*?
> (E.g. to store the data in the right table if the store is an HTTP wrapped
> RDBMS or further dispatching based on the type)

Heh, what kind of type?...Whatever, I imagine the typing info could go
in one of three places - an additional HTTP header, inside the RDF, in
a wrapper around the RDF (like SOAP). Which was best would depend on
the application, I'd guess.

It's an interesting idea in general. If you had rdf:about="" in the
POSTed (or PUT) document, then presumably it would be about the
resource identified in the call. Yes, I'm sure that has interesting
implications...

Cheers,
Danny.

--