Re: Interpreting RDF as representation of a resource?

From: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:20:20 +1030
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> Hi,
>
> if one receives some RDF in response to an HTTP GET request to
> an HTTP resource, the RDF can be interpreted as a representation of
> the particlurar resource.
>
> What about the other way round?
>
> Suppose I am sending some RDF via HTTP POST to some processing resource
> (e.g. a store)
>
> POST /foo/MyStore HTTP/1.0
>
> <RDF body
> goes here>
>
> Is there any way for the processing resource to interprete the received
> RDF as a representation of a resource of a certain *type*?
> (E.g. to store the data in the right table if the store is an HTTP wrapped
> RDBMS or further dispatching based on the type)

Humm. Stuff I've seen that's similar to what you describe in some vague way.
(1) Musicbrainz Web Services interface. You have to conduct all
queries in RDF/XML.
(2) Annotea. You submit RDF annotations.

AFAIK, there's nothing already in existence that isn't hardwired to
parse RDF submitted to it as just data, rather than a resource
representation.

--
http://www.ahsonline.com.au/dod/FOAF.rdf