Re: Placing a comment on a relationship?!

From: Hamish Harvey <david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:28:03 +0100
To: "Richard Lennox" <listserve@richardlennox.net>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On Thursday 20 May 2004 14:45, Richard Lennox wrote:

> Defining all subProperties of all possible relations would not be possible
> and expecting non-tehcnical users to create their own "subPropertiesOf"
> would probably be unfeasible.

Do your non-technical users necessarily need to work in RDF/XML? You could
e.g. provide a purpose specific XML format with an unambiguous mapping to
RDF, reification and all. Personally I find that RDF/XML obscures the form of
the data to such an extent that it's a just a menace before you introduce
reification anyway.

I haven't yet had a chance to look at it, but I think I saw some discussion of
something which sounded like macro expansion in a TriX paper, which I guess
might help with this sort of thing.

Hamish