Re: Authentication on the basis of RDF

From: Andrew Newman <andrew@tucanatech.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:10:13 +1000
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Kianoush Eshaghi wrote:

> I investigate to implement a schema of Authentication (identify). A user
> attempts to act a network resource, at first it must to complete a
> authentication process, which determines how it acts the resource, i.e.
> under which rights (read, write,etc.) it can act. (role based).
>
> I implement the model on the basis of RDF. Is there a published
> RDF-vocabulary attended to my purpose?
>
> I appreciate any pointer.

DSpace/Simile I think defined a vocabulary which defined rights with
respect to documents.

I couldn't find the document I was thinking but here's some pointers to
get you started (you may need to download it):
http://www.dspace.org/technology/system-docs/functional.html
http://web.mit.edu/simile/www/resources/history-harmony/descriptive-note.pdf