RE: Incompatibilities in RDQL implementations

From: Seaborne, Andy <andy.seaborne@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 22:12:28 +0100
To: "'Andrew Newman'" <andrew@tucanatech.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Well, I wouldn't want to make too easy, would I?  Actually, it means I last
wrapped up the test suite at 2.0 so I guess it is out of step with the tests
in the download in testing/RDQL/ .  Those, the files not zipped, form the
reference copy as they are exactly what the final JUnit run will have used
for the Jena version in question.  I began wrapping up the tests in to a
separate zip on request so people could get the tests from
http://jena.hpl.hp.com/2003/07/query/, not download the whole of Jena, and
to be able to update them separately from Jena versions.

> I'm not sure what the differences are between that and the one
> linked.

Tests so far have been cumulative.  I add tests as think of new things to
test via bug reports or new features or just plain spotting things that
hadn't been covered; I haven't deleted any IIRC.  The script suite does not
include all the internal tests of the evaluation engine - these are done by
calling directly into the parser to parse part query expressions and then
evaluate them - so it is weak on the value tests.

	Andy