Re: a bnode URI scheme?!

From: Adam Souzis <adam-l@souzis.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:51:07 -0800
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> As far as I am aware there is no software available for Jena that
> permits you to automatically trim G to G'.

does anyone know of any RDF software that does this (remove redundant
nodes, aka find lean sub-graph)?

A use-case where this is needed is the versioning of rdf models -- as a
model changes over time and a version control system merges the changes
in, bNodes will proliferate (in particular list bNodes created by
parseType="collection" ). I'm actually encountering this issue right now
with Rhizome, my content management system that treats everything as RDF
(rx4rdf.sf.net).

-- adam