Re: Wishlist Vocabulary

Quoting Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>:

> Ryan Shaw wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Is anyone here aware of any efforts to create an RDFS/OWL wishlist
> > ontology? Failing that, are there any open XML formats for wishlists?
> > My cursory googling hasn't turned up anything.
>

> A while ago danbri (cc'ed) was talking about adding something to FOAF, I
> just had a search and found a post from his (revamped!) blog dated a
> couple of weeks ago about wishlist semantics:
>
> http://danbri.org/words/?p=30
>
> Not linked are Morten's later XSLT for processing Amazon's wishlists (as
> a web service):
> http://rdfweb.org/pipermail/rdfweb-dev/2004-January/012423.html

We all agree that the semantic web should make it easier for people to buy us
presents then! :)

Christopher Schmidt took a look at this and blogged it at
<http://www.livejournal.com/users/crschmidt/254622.html>

I played around too and tried to combine the specification for foaf:tipJar
stating that the result is a human-readable document with the desire that the
wishlist itself be expressed in RDF by using XSLT to give a human-readable view
on an RDF/XML document. The OWL hasn't been written, but you can see what I was
getting at at
<http://www.hackcraft.net/amwish/?mbs=8b4a193cc587b2b8938214718a30417a4667fac5&wl=2TIKZAEMBQYO0>

--
Jon Hanna