constraints on properties

From: Vaibhav . <itsvaibhav@technologist.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 01:55:38 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, protege-discussion@SMI.Stanford.EDU

I am developing an ontology that refers to concepts defined in SUMO[1]. I want to define a new property such that its range is union of two other properties. For example, let owl:Class my:Foo be a subclassof sumo:Process and sumo:Process has properties sumo:resource, sumo:instrument, etc.
I want to define property my:bar such that all values for sumo:resource and sumo:instrument properties can be freely referred as values of my:bar.
What would be the best way to specify this restriction? I have been trying to use AssertedCondition option in Protege but I dont seem to get the correct syntax. Is this constraint possible to represent in owl or does the ontology need to depend on ruleml?

Thanks for your help,

1. http://ontology.teknowledge.com/

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com