RE: DOASP - description of a software project

Hi Max,

Max wrote:
> I think we should use DOASP instead of DOAP, because projects in
> general have many more interesting attributes (like those
> related to project
> management) while software projects have a few very specific ones
> (like bugtracker url). So maybe DOASP would be a special vocab while
> DOAP remains software-free?

DOAP looks software project orientated.

> I propose http://purl.org/net/zemmde/research/Wiki.jsp?page=DOASP
> which is a very first draft (an a place to discuss the idea further).
> I wouldn't mind including almost all attributes from Edd's proposal
> (http://usefulinc.com/edd/notes/DOAP), what do you think?

I think you should get in touch with Edd to discuss the way forward. Two
pairs of hands are better than one and all that.

Although you might be tempted to develop a 'lite' schema for your own
particular requirements in paralell to DOAP, I would say that to team up
with Edd and create a comprehensive data model and schema is worth the
effort. A 'lite' RDF/XML instance can always be produced from a 'heavy'
schema by omitting terms / elements.

Nice work with the Freemind and the XSLT. You mention in the comments
about using <xsl:variable/> for the schema namespace. May I suggest
<xsl:parameter/> instead which will allow the namespace to be passed in
at run-time or hard coded. Isn't XSLT f**king great!

Regarding mind-mapping, Have you seen Danny Ayers' IdeaGraph?
http://ideagraph.net/
Also Danny's PRJ schema.
http://ideagraph.net/xmlns/project/
You could extend PRJ and use http://purl.org/stuff/project#Project as a
container for DOAP properties and then have the more general project
properties available if required.