Re: Publish articles; Which XML should we use?

From: Arjan Wekking <a.wekking@synantics.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 16:21:15 +0100
To: Jacob Friis Larsen <post@jfl.dk>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:

> We are a major news corporation and would like to publish our articles
> via XML/RDF.
>
> We have a title, synopsis, the article, permalink, relevant links, and
> pictures that we would like to put in a XML file.
>
> Are there any XML standards available that are made for articles?
>
> Regards Jacob

Perhaps the PRISM standard (http://www.prismstandard.org/) is something
you could look into; it has an extensive schema with regards to
publishing-metadata.

It seems that "Tony Hammond from Elsevier has announced a PRISM module
for RSS 1.0" as well (according to
http://www.xmlhack.com/read.php?item=2025 and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2003Jul/0133.html)
although I'm not sure what became of it because I just found out about
this after Googling for 'PRISM standard' :) ...

Regards,
-Arjan

--

 Arjan Wekking - a.wekking@synantics.nl

 Synantics bv
 http://www.synantics.nl

 Mob: +31 (0)65 - 265 40 46
 Tel: +31 (0)78 - 6 144 211
 Fax: +31 (0)78 - 6 144 939

 Bij technische ondersteuning van e-mail, websites of andere 'spoed',
 mail naar support@synantics.nl en cc een eventueel contactpersoon.