Re: Modeling WordNet with OWL Full?

From: David Menendez <zednenem@psualum.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:51:04 -0500
To: Michael Daconta <mike@daconta.net>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Michael Daconta writes:

> Ok, so classes and subclasses are the easy part.  Today I tackled the
> meronyms (part).  The key problem is that "part" should be a property
> of a Class that is allowed multiple times and has a range of other
> Wordnet classes.

Based on what you tried in Method #1, is it possible you wanted
something like:

If you want to say that <#cell> has a <#part> relationship with
<#cell_wall> and <#cytoplasm>, then what you want is:

    <owl:Class rdf:ID='cell'>
      <part rdf:resource='#cell_wall'/>
      <part rdf:resource='#cytoplasm'/>
    </owl:Class>

Alternately, if you want to require that all cells have at least one
part which is a cell wall and one which is a cytoplasm, try something
like:

    <owl:Class rdf:ID='cell'>
      <rdfs:subClassOf>
        <owl:Restriction>
          <owl:onProperty rdf:resource='#part'/>
          <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource='#cell_wall'/>
        </owl:Restriction>
      </rdfs:subClassOf>
      <rdfs:subClassOf>
        <owl:Restriction>
          <owl:onProperty rdf:resource='#part'/>
          <owl:someValuesFrom rdf:resource='#cytoplasm'/>
        </owl:Restriction>
      </rdfs:subClassOf>
    </owl:Class>

--