Non SemWeb uses of RDF

From: Brian Manley <manleyr@telcordia.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:53:32 -0500
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

All,

I'm fairly new to RDF, and I'm curious to learn the level to which RDF is being adopted in non semantic web related applications. I find references to its use in bioinformatics, library science, knowledge management and other areas. But what I'm not seeing is much use of RDF in business applications (enterprise or SMB) , consumer-focused applications ( PIMs, personal collection management, etc ) or even systems integration products.

If it is being used, can you site some examples? If it's not being used much outside of the SW movement, why do you think that is?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Regards,
Brian