Re: OWL newbie Question

From: Benjamin Nowack <bnowack@appmosphere.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 12:22:39 +0000
To: Michael Engelhardt <engelh@fhtw-berlin.de>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

hi michael,

you may want to have a look at the SKOS[1] stuff.
SKOS allows you to model classifications which don't
really fit in the very strict constructs that OWL and
RDFS offer. IIRC, you can't use an e.g. "skos:related"
property with an owl:Class, though. but with the ACM scheme
being closer a "concept" than an "object" taxonomy, it'd
perhaps be more appropriate to use skos:broader/narrower
instead of rdfs:subClassOf anyway (i.e. it's somewhat
complicated to imagine an owl:Thing of rdf:type
"Performance and Reliability" ...)

hth,
benjamin

--