RE: OWL newbie Question

Michael,

There are reasons for and against representing topics as classes and
relating them via subClassOf. Natasha Noy at Stanford has written a
useful overview of the issues which you may want to look at. I'm offline
and don't have the reference to hand but I think it's entitled "Using
Classes as Property Values" and can be found on the W3C website
(www.w3c.org).

In the SEKT project (www.sekt-project.com) we are also looking at the
ontological representation of a document classification scheme and other
associated metadata in the context of a Digital Library case study. If
you are interested, email me off-list for a further discussion.

Regards,
John Davies.

John Davies
Manager, Next Generation Web Research
BT Group
e: john.nj.davies@bt.com
w: www.quizxml.com/people/JohnDavies
t: +44 1473 609583
f: +44 1473 609832
British Telecommunications plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England no. 1800000
This electronic message contains information from British
Telecommunications plc which may be privileged and confidential. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message
in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the number or
address above) immediately.
Activity and use of the British Telecommunications plc email system is
monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful
business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for
other lawful business purposes.