Re: Reification - whats best practice?

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:39:54 +0200
To: Leo Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, danbri@w3.org

Leo Sauermann wrote:
> reification syntax is "not practical" as we see above in the thread.

Please - as previously pointed out [1] quads are not always a suitable
replacement for reification.

On the other hand many tools group statements in some way, usually for
management purposes, and some even allow meta data to be attached to
these groups, graphs, models, or whatever they are called.

The problem, in my opinion, is that the standard way to exchange this
kind of data requires writing every group of statements into a separate
file, which may not always be practical.

This is not necessarily a problem with the RDF data model, but a problem
with the serialization syntax, and one of many issues a future version
will hopefully address.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Aug/0178.html