Re: xml to rdf converter

From: Stephen Cranefield <usg6-gr4t@spamex.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 09:53:58 +1300
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Marco Conti wrote:
> Does exist a converter from xml/xmi to rdf??

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking about, but I have an XSLT
stylesheet to convert from XMI1.0 for XML1.3 to RDF Schema.  You can
find it at
http://nzdis.otago.ac.nz/resources/allprojects.xml#uml-data-binding

I also have a newer version that is not yet on that Web site, which
allows UML diagrams to include tagged values specifying the URIs for
properties and/or namespaces to be used in the generation of the RDF
schema.  I can make that available to you if that sounds useful.

Unfortunately I don't currently have a version that works with XMI1.1.
Writing XSLT to handle XMI1.1 and above looks like it would be a bit
of a nightmare due to the different ways that the XMI creator can
choose to represent relationships within the XML structure.

- Stephen

Stephen Cranefield
Department of Information Science
University of Otago