RDF validator

From: Charlie Abela <abcharl@keyworld.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:16:39 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Need some clarifications pleaseI am using the RDF validator and in my RDF/s file I've set the range as "&xsd;#integer" though when
I created an instance I've tried to give it a string instead, but the document was parsed correctly.
Is this because the validator just validates the syntax and not the semantics? In building an
application that handles/manipulates RDF is there a way by which I can enforce the data type
consistency in RDF, or do I have to handle it internally in my software?

Regards

Charlie