Re: Announcement: The "info" URI Scheme

From: Sean Mehan <sean@smo.uhi.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:38:19 +0100
To: "Paskin, Norman (DOI-ELS)" <n.paskin@doi.org>, "'thabing@uiuc.edu'" <thabing@uiuc.edu>, Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: "Hammond, Tony (ELSLON)" <T.Hammond@elsevier.com>, "'Patrick Stickler'" <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, uri@w3.org

Hmm. Interesting. A new acronym (to me). I have never heard of this DOI, but
then again, I'm stuck on an island off the West coast of Scotland. Perhaps
that's it.....perhaps not. I googled DOI and up came two links to doi.org
(self-promotion), one other link that said something about doi in use, which
didn't work, and seven other links that had nothing to do with digital
objects, but rather the Idaho department of insurance, etc.

Is this the next big thing and I've missed something, or is this a storm in a
tea cup?

Regards,
sean